Now that the weather is cooling down, it’s time to get back into the roasts and casseroles. This month’s recipe for Patsie’s spicy lamb and tomato casserole comes from Ian and Leslie Wright from Inglebrae Homestead.
Patsie’s spicy lamb and tomato casserole
- 4 Inglebrae lamb forequarter chops
- 3 dessertspoons each of plain flour, sugar, mustard powder
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup beans, sliced
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato passata
– Slice onions and carrots and place in a slow cooker with peas and beans.
– Coat chops in flour then sugar then mustard and place on top of vegetables.
– Mix chopped tomatoes with passata and any leftover sugar and mustard, and pour over the chops.
– Cook on low for 6–8 hours.