Recipe by David Keeley and Rose Mogford of Pistachio Dining at Torrens
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g almond meal
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs
- sweet pastry
- 4 apples
- 20g raw sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- 20g unsalted butter
– Make frangipane with sugar, almond soft butter.
– Add eggs and mix well set aside.
– Line tart cases with pastry.
– Add some frangipane to just cover the bottom of the case.
– Peel and slice apple.
– Place apple on top of frangipane.
– Top with raw sugar, ground cinnamon and butter.
– Bake 160-180°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.