Recipe by Karen McGuire of The Gods Cafe ANU
- 400gms King Prawns
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 250gms Thick rice noodles
- 1 Large ripe Mango
- 1/2 small red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Long red Chillies, halved,deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted Peanuts
- Lime wedges to serve
Sweet chilli dressing
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 1 tbls fish sauce
– Pre heat a greased char-grill or non stick frypan lightly season the cleaned and shelled prawns and fry for 2/3 minutes each side. When cooked transfer to a plate and cover and set aside.
– Place Noodles in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain well. Gently separate the noodles and place in a large bowl.
– Peel mango and slice of the cheeks. Slice mango cheeks into wedges lengthways. Add the mango, thinly sliced onion, chillies, mint, coriander and peanuts to the noodles. Slice the prawns in half length ways if desired and add to the salad.
– Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well until all combined. Drizzle dressing over salad, gently toss to combine and serve with a slice of lime.