Blackberry & Lemon curd Mille Fuille
- 1 Punnet blackberries
- Filo Pastry
- Icing sugar
- 250g clarified butter
- 1 tbsp Cassis
- 1 egg white
- 3 lemons
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grate zest from lemons and squeeze juice.
- Whisk whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a saucepan until
- smooth, then place pan over a low heat. Add the butter,
- juice and zest and whisk continuously until thickened.
- Strain through a sieve into a clean bowl. Refrigerate.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry, brush with egg white and dust with icing sugar.
- Place another sheet on top and repeat until you have 3 sheets in total.
- Use a cutter to cut rounds. You will need 3 per serve.
- Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan and cook until coloured.
- Drain on paper.
- Toss blackberries in the cassis.
To serve, put a small spoonful of the lemon curd on a plate, place a disk of filo on top, blackberries then lemon curd and repeat top with one more filo disk.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary visit cit.edu.au
phone (02) 6207 3188 or email email@example.com.