Chicken Bisteaya, Tomato & Pomegranate Molasses
For the bisteaya
- 1 chicken breast diced
- I onion diced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger
- I clove garlic crushed
- Pinch ground coriander
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch saffron
- 150ml chicken stock
- 100ml cream
- 3 eggs, whisked together
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Filo Pastry
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp blanched almonds
For the salad
- 3 tomatoes skinned and squeezed of seeds
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 red onion thickly sliced
- ¼ cup Flat parsley picked
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Olive oil
- Sweat diced onion grated ginger and crushed garlic until soft. Add the spices and then the chicken.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes then add the stock, bring to the boil & reduce slightly. Add cream & bring to the boil.
- Add eggs and immediately stir all ingredients together.
- Remove from heat when it has thickened stir herbs through and spread onto a tray to cool.
- Spread a sheet of filo out and brush with clarified butter.
- Add another sheet on top. Cut 4 strips from the short side and the remaining piece into 4 squares.
- Put a spoonful of mixture onto the end of one strip. Roll up then place in the centre of one square. Gather & tuck the filo to make a round.
- Brush with melted butter & sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 15 min. When golden dust with a mixture of cinnamon and icing
Meanwhile, sprinkle eggplant & red onion with sea salt & olive oil and roast until softened.
Blanch & peel the tomatoes, half and squeeze the pips out. Chop roughly.
Toss together with the picked flat leaf parsley and a sprinkle of pomegranate molasses.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology