Fig & Walnut Salad:
* 100 g mixed baby salad leaves
* 100 g witlof leaves (2 witlof)
* 1 cup (230 g) fresh dates, halved, pitted
* 2 green apples, cored, thinly sliced
* 4 fresh figs, quartered
* ½ cup(55 g) chopped walnuts
* 200 gsoft goat’s cheese
* ground rock salt
* 1 tbsp raisins
* ¼ cup(90 g) honey
* ¼ cup(60 ml) apple cider
* 1 striplemon rind
* 1 tbsplemon juice
* ¼ cup(60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
* Mix the baby salad leaves, witlof, dates and apple slices together and place in a large shallow bowl.
* Arrange the fig pieces on top and sprinkle the walnuts on top of the salad. Roughly crumble the goat’s cheese over.
* For the dressing, place all the ingredients, except the lemon juice and oil, in a food processor or blender. While blending, pour in the lemon juice and olive oil very slowly, until smooth and combined.
* Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and season to taste
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or