Recipe by Michaela Uren of Forchefs
- 1 1/3 Cups Ricotta
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 Cup Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g Butter
- Honeycomb butter, Sliced (below)
- Banana sliced
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g honeycomb, crushed
- 2 Tbs honey
– Place ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a bowl and mix to combine.
– Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.
– In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
– Fold egg whites through batter in two batches with a large metal spoon.
– Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of butter and drop 2 tbs of batter per hotcake into the pan.
– Cook over low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides. Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and quickly assemble the other ingredients.
– Slice banana lengthways onto a plate, stack three hotcakes on top with a slice of honeycomb butter.
– Dust with icing sugar.
– Soften unsalted butter and stir through 2 tbs honey and crushed honeycomb. Shape into a log on plastic wrap, roll, seal and chill in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
*You can store any leftover honeycomb butter in the freezer.