San Choy Bau
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 500g lean pork mince
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 12 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Heat wok over high heat until hot. Add peanut oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and pork. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork just changes colour.
Combine oyster sauce and soy sauce in a jug. Add onions, sauce mixture, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and sesame oil to wok. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in beansprouts and coriander.
Spoon pork mixture into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
For further information on courses in culinary visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology