Recipe by Michaela Uren of Forchefs
- 1½ cups sweet potato, grated
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for pan
- 1 avocado, skin and seed removed, mashed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 bunch basil, finely chopped
– In a large bowl mix together the sweet potato, shallots, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
– Heat a large frying pan to a medium temperature and add a little olive oil. Drop large spoonfuls of the sweet potato mixture and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
– In a medium bowl add the avocado, diced tomato, garlic, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper.