Recipe by Katherine Brown of Debacle
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 small leek (white part only), halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) low-carb beer
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1kg black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 400g grainy bread, to serve
– Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
– Cook celery, leek and garlic for 1 minute until leek softens. Add beer, bay, juice and thyme. Bring to a boil.
– Add mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes until mussels open (discard any that don’t).
– Stir in parsley.
– Serve with bread.