Cranberry & apple fruit mince pies
Recipe by Ivonne Nathan of forchefs
• 115g craisins (dried cranberries)
• 50g dried apple, finely chopped
• 40g (1/4 cup) dried cherries
• 75g (1/2 cup) dried pineapple, finely chopped
• 170g (1 cup) sultanas
• 200g brown sugar
• 2 tbsp brandy
• Zest 1 orange
• 80ml fresh orange juice
• 1 apple grated
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• 300g plain flour
• 70g caster sugar
• 175g chilled chopped butter
• Pinch salt
• 1 free range egg, lightly whisked
• Milk for brushing
– Stir the craisins, dried apple, cherries, pineapple, sultanas, brown sugar, brandy, orange rind and orange juice in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
– Stir in the grated apple and mixed spice.
– Set aside to cool completely.
– Rub butter into flour, caster sugar, salt mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
– Add egg and bring dough together.
– Turn onto a clean work surface.
– Shape into a disc.
– Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
– Preheat oven to 180°C.
– Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick
– Use a round pastry cutter to cut discs from the pastry and line moulds
– Divide the fruit mince among the cases
– Use brush edges with milk and top with either a disc or a star. Brush with milk making sure there is a hole for steam to escape
– Bake for 20 min until golden
M 0448 975 478 E email@example.com www.rgt.com.au