CAMPAIGN UPDATE AT 1ST FEBRUARY 2020
Our official Appeal is now CLOSED. To all our shoppers who so kindly donated to the Farmers Markets Community Bushfire Appeal throughout January, we thank YOU! You donated a whopping $18,637.60, and this combined with Rotary’s donation of $50,000 so far has made a huge difference to our fire affected stallholders. 100% of appeal funds will go direct to bushfire affected stallholders. Donation buckets will remain onsite at the Rotary Information Tent from Saturday 1st February if you would still like to support our region’s farmers and growers.
MANY OF OUR STALLHOLDERS HAVE BEEN SEVERELY AFFECTED BY THE BUSHFIRES
As supporters of the Capital Region Farmers Market, we are sure you, like us, are deeply saddened by the news that many of the stallholders from our community have been severely affected by the bushfires across several regions including:
- NSW South Coast.
- Snowy Mountains.
- South West Slopes.
- Southern Highlands.
Some of our stallholders have personally experienced partial or total destruction of property, equipment, crops and stocks. This will affect several producers with:
- Short term supply.
- Long term production.
- Access into Canberra.
FARMERS MARKET COMMUNITY BUSHFIRE APPEAL
The Rotary Club of Hall is committed to supporting our fire affected stallholders and have donated $50,000 towards the Farmers Market Community Bushfire Appeal.
We know that many in our community would also like to show their support.
What can YOU do to HELP?
- Continue to shop local – their livelihoods depend on this income.
- Donate – via our donation buckets onsite throughout January.
- Nominate ways you can assist with other support.
- Send messages of support to our stallholders via our CRFM social media.
- Join Rotary – we are volunteers, not-for-profit and can act quickly.
If you donate, where does your money go?
- Direct funding so that the fire affected can rebuild their lives.
- Supporting cleanup assistance.
- Providing new or used equipment.
- Mental/social support for victims and their families.
- Administrative support for businesses.
100% of funds go directly to stallholders in fire affected regions.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates from our stallholders as the full extent of these 2019/2020 bushfires is revealed.