- 375g Desiree potatoes (unpeeled)
- 80g Plain flour
- 20g unsalted butter
- 20g parmesan cheese (grated)
- Mixed fresh herbs (parsley, chives)
- 80g Chestnuts, peeled and roasted
- 80g Mixed local mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 10g butter
- 8 leaves sage
– Wash the potatoes thoroughly, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, cook them whole in boiling salted water, approx. 25mins or until well cooked. Drain and when just cool enough to handle, pass through ricer or drum sieve. Work quickly, potatoes must be hot. On a clean surface place the potatoes, butter and cheese together and gently fold through the flour for the mix to come together. Mix should be still a little soft but not sticky, season well, fold through herbs and rest for 5 minutes.
– Divide the dough into 4, roll each piece into a sausage shape, 2cm in diameter, divide each sausage into 2cm lengths and roll with floured hands.
– To cook bring a large pot of salted water to the boil remember to not overcrowd the pot when you add the gnocchi. As soon as they float to the surface, remove and refresh in iced water. Ready to serve.
– Prepare chestnuts, peel and roast along with mixed mushrooms, garlic, thyme and half of the sage until golden brown. Add gnocchi to mushroom and chestnut mix add the butter and sauté well. Serve with remaining sage.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or email email@example.com.