Prickle Hill’ is Owned and operated by Roy and Judy Duffell. Roy is a third generation fruit grower. Our farm was 1st established in 1920, Roy’s grandfather, William Duffell, a returned soldier from WWI.
‘Prickle Hill’ is situated on a sand hill 15km South West of Coleambally NSW. The 40ha Property is bursting with Sugar Plums for the fresh and dried fruit (prunes) markets. In 2012, 2.5 ha of Jujubes (Chinese Red Dates) were planted, with the remaining 8ha planted under a Biodiversity Incentive Plan, encouraging the long-term survival of native flora and fauna.
The township of Coleambally (Aboriginal meaning “a swift in flight”) is situated in the Coleambally Irrigation Area receiving water by way of canals from the Murrumbidgee River, was officially opened in 1968 and is gazetted as the newest town in NSW with a population around 700 people including their pets.
Below are our current available products.
1. Naturally Dried Sugar plums. Sugar plums are a good source of potassium, calcium, phosphate, vitamin C and B complex vitamins which have a great importance to the process of metabolism and nervous system health. Their deeply pigmented skins are a good source of antioxidants and dietary fiber.
2. Naturally Died Jujubes also known as Chinese Red Dates. Due to their high fiber content and low calorie count. They contain small amounts of several vitamins and minerals but are particularly rich in vitamin C, an important vitamin with antioxidant and immune-boosting properties.
3. Plums in Port. Gold medal winner at Sydney Royal Fine Food Show nothing will warm you up better then this.
4. Worcester sauce. Silver medal winner at Sydney Royal Fine Food Show, made specially from their sugar plums, have it on your eggs, steak or in your soup.
5. Various home made Sauces, Jams & Chutneys made fresh from organic seasonal produce.
All our products are Pesticide Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Friendly & made from organically grown Australian produce.