Recipe by Karen McGuire of The Gods Cafe ANU
- 50g rice vermicelli noodles
- 20 round (20cm diameter) rice paper sheets
- 300g cooked chicken tenderloins thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup (40g) finely chopped peanuts
- 20 mint leaves
- 20 coriander leaves
- 200ml hoisin sauce
- 1 tbls sugar
- 50 ml water
– Place the noodles in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well.
– Soak 1 rice paper sheet in warm water for 30 seconds or until soft. Drain on paper towel. Place on a clean work surface. Place 15gm of sliced chicken along the centre of the rice paper sheet. Add a little of the noodles, cucumber, carrot, peanuts, a mint leaf and a coriander leaf. Fold in the ends and roll firmly to enclose filling. Repeat to make 20 spring rolls.
– Arrange on a platter with the dipping sauce and serve.