Avocado chocolate mousse with a fig, strawberry & mint tian
Recipe by Daniel Hurley of For Chefs
- 4x soft avocados, cut in half, seed removed
- 1 cup dates soaked in ¼ cup water
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1 punnet strawberries
- ½ bunch mint
- 3 figs
- Pink peppercorns
– Blend the dates, maple syrup and vanilla.
– Add the avocado flesh and cocoa powder.
– Process until creamy.
– Place in the fridge until set.
For the Tian
– Dice the strawberries and figs, add a little honey.
– Crack in the pink peppercorns and finely sliced mint.
– Mix to incorporate the flavours.
– Pack in a mould, ready for service.