Smooth Cauliflower and Blue cheese soup
1 medium Cauliflower
2 small onions – diced
1 litre stock – chicken/vegetable
200g stron blue cheese – diced
salt & pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil and then remove from heat and reserve.
- Melt the butter in a clean pot. Add the onions and seasonings and sweat.
- Break up the cauliflower to even pieces (about 4-5 cm), and add to pot.
- Pour in just enough stock, to cover cauliflower, cover pot with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from Heat and blend with stick blender to create puree.
- Add the Blue cheese and stir until it has melted into the puree. It will be pretty thick. Return to low heat and add more of the stock a little at a time, stirring to combine until you have just about reached desired consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Cream and adjust seasoning.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or