Corn Pikelets from Cauliflower Sauce
• 1 cup plain flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 3 to 4 ears corn
• 3/4 cup Cauliflower cream sauce
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 100 gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
(Make Cauliflower sauce first- see below))
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
2. Cut enough kernels from cobs to measure 2 cups.
3. Whisk eggs and oil together and stir through cool Cauliflower sauce.
4. Add to flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
5. Add Corn to mixture and rest for 10 minutes
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray lightly with oil. And add small knob of butter. As butter begins to foam spoon mixture into pan to form pikelets.
7. Cook until both sides are golden-brown, Flipping after about 2 mins.
8. Lightly oil pan between batches if necessary.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or