Recipe by Daniel Hurley of For Chefs
- 10g butter
- 8 Figs, halved
- ½ cup Castor sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- Goats cheese – to serve
- Cracked pepper
– Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
– Make a caramel with the sugar and a little water and remove from heat once the desired colour has been reached.
– Melt in the butter.
– Place the halved figs over the base of the pan.
– Cut a round from the pastry to fit over the layered figs, tucking in at the edge.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and puffed.
– Stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
– Turn out onto a plate.
– Sprinkle goat’s cheese and cracked pepper over the top to serve.