Honey soy noodles with chicken
Recipe by Nutrition Australia
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 450g fresh Hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 1 red capsicum cut into strips
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
Stir fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
To make the stir fry sauce combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and honey in a bowl. Add chicken and mix well. Cover and refrigerate whilst preparing other ingredients.
Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in wok or frypan and add the marinated chicken pieces. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Add onion to wok and stir fry for 1 minute or until onion has softened. Add celery and carrot. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add capsicum and broccoli and stir fry for a further 2 minutes until all vegetables are just tender. Add remaining sauce mixture and stir through.
Return chicken to wok and stir though. Blend cornflour with water and add to the pan with the noodles. Stir fry for 1 minute until heated through.
Nutrition Australia ACT
P: 02 6162 2583 F: 02 6162 2586