Recipe by Katherine Brown of Debacle
- 150ml maple syrup
- 4 tbs honey wholegrain mustard
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 16 (about 500g) beef chipolata sausages
- 4 pontiac potatoes, peeled, halved
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
– Preheat the oven to 180°C.
– In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup with 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard and 1/3 cup (80ml) water.
– Sprinkle the onion over the base of a baking tray. Place the sausages on top and pour over the maple-syrup mixture. Roast for 30 minutes, basting with the pan juices from time to time and turning the sausages halfway through cooking.
– Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, then drain well. Return to the pan with the butter and cream, and mash well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the parsley and the remaining mustard.
– Serve the sausages on the mustard mash, topped with the onions and drizzled with pan juices.