Mushroom Pate with Truffle Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 500gm mixed mushrooms chopped
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200gm cashews freshly roasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs quality truffle oil
- salt to taste
- Sauté the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme until fragrant and cooked.
- Add the mushroom mixture and all the other ingredients (except the truffle oil) to a food processor and pulse until the desired consistency has been reached.
- If necessary a little water can be added.
- Chill prior to serving.
- Top with a layer of truffle oil and serve with grilled sourdough.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or