Recipe by Brendon and Gerard from the Fish Shack
- 4 swordfish steaks (or other firm-fleshed, white fish)
- 600 grams of fresh rice noodles (from Asian grocers)
- 3 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs palm sugar
- 3 Tbs lime juice (plus extra limes for serving)
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped (plus extra for serving)
- ½ bunch of mint leaves, roughly shredded
- ½ cup of roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Fried shallots to garnish
- Vegetable oil for frying
– Mix the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice together and set aside.
– Rinse off the fresh rice noodles and drain well. Place noodles in a large bowl and add mint, chilli, the fish sauce mixture and peanuts and mix well.
– Heat a small amount of oil in a fry pan and sear the fish steaks on both sides. Fish should be just pink on the inside.
– Serve the noodles topped with the fish steak and garnish with fried shallots. Serve with lime wedges and extra chilli.