Recipe by David Keeley and Rose Mogford of Pistachio Dining at Torrens
- 120g polenta
- 450g ground pistachio nuts
- 2tbs pistachio paste*
- 200g flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 300ml light olive oil
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 6 free range eggs
- 350g castor sugar
– Pre-heat oven to 160°C
– Mix all dry ingredients together with pistachio paste and ground pistachio nuts and set aside.
– In a separate bowl, mix olive oil and melted butter together.
– Cream sugar and eggs and add butter and oil mixture.
– Fold egg and oil mixture through dry ingredient mixture and pour into prepared tin.
– Bake in oven for around 40 minutes.
*Pistachio paste is available at specialty food stores. If not available just omit from recipe.