- 1 kg hard flour
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cold water
- Sift flour, forming it into a volcano shaped mound with a well in the centre. Break the eggs into this and add the salt.
- Incorporate the eggs into the flour gradually drawing the flour into the eggs until it forms a coarse paste. Add a little more flour or some cold water if necessary. Dough should be soft.
- Clean the work surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the consistency is smooth and elastic. Wrap and leave to rest about 30 mins.
- Run through a pasta machine into long strips.
- Place balls of filling at regular intervals. Cover with another strip of pasta dough; use a cutter to cut into ravioli shape. Press dough together around outside of each ravioli to make sure it is sealed.
- Place onto a floured tray, make sure ravioli are not touching. Cover with plastic wrap and either use or freeze for later use.
- ½ Pumpkin – cut into wedges, skin on
- ¼ cup Pistachios – chopped fine
- 1 large Onion – brunoise
- Thyme ½ bunch – chopped fine
- Nutmeg – pinch
- Season pumpkin and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in skin until soft. Scrape flesh out.
- Sweat onion and thyme together, add pistachios and pumpkin flesh, cook 2 mins, making sure pumpkin is not wet. Add pinch of nutmeg, check seasoning.
Sauce – per serve
- 50g Butter
- 4 Sage leaves – chiffonade
- 1/8 Lemon – squeeze
- Cook individual serve of ravioli pasta in salted boiling water. Melt butter in sauté pan, add sage leaves, cook to nut brown. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and raviloli, toss to serve.