By Michaela Uren of forchefs
- 120g Corn kernels
- 45ml Peanut oil
- Truffle Butter
- Sea Salt to taste
– Heat the oil in a litre size pot over medium heat.
– Put a few kernels into the pot and cover to test the temperature. When they start to pop, add the rest of the kernels into the pot and cover.
– Remove from the heat and gently shake for 30 seconds for all the kernels to reach the same even temperature, so they will pop at the same time.
– Sprinkle the truffle salt and drizzle the truffle oil over the kernels and return the pot to the heat. Once the popping starts, gently shake the pot over the burner.
– During the popping, the salt will be well distributed throughout the popcorn. Open the cover slightly to release some of the steam for drier and crisper popcorn.
– When the popping slows and quietens down after 3 to 6mins, remove from the heat and tip into a wide bowl.