Recipe by Michaela Uren of For Chefs
- 8 ripe figs
- Knob of butter
- 4 tbs clear honey
- Handful of shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mascarpone or Greek Yoghurt, to serve
– Heat grill to medium high.
– Cut a deep cross in the top of each fig then ease the top apart.
– Sit the figs in a baking dish and drop a small piece of the butter into the centre of
– Drizzle the honey over the figs, then sprinkle with the nuts and cinnamon.
– Grill for 5 minutes until figs are softened and the honey and butter make a sticky
sauce in the bottom of the dish.
– Serve warm, with dollops of Greek yoghurt or Mascarpone.