Recipe by Michaela Uren of For Chefs
- 8 small (or fajita-style) tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Mascarpone and salsa (optional)
– Heat oven or toaster oven to 200°c
– Brush one side of each tortilla with the oil.
– Turn the tortillas over and top with cheddar cheese, onion, corn, jalapenos and coriander.
– Sandwich with the remaining tortillas, oiled-side up
– Working in batches, if necessary, transfer the quesadillas to a foil-lined toaster-oven tray.
– Bake, turning once, until the cheese melts, 6-8 minutes in total.
– Serve with the mascarpone and salsa (if using)
– 2 tomatoes, quartered, seeded, finely chopped
– 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
– 2 tsp lime juice
– 2 tsp finely chopped coriander
– Combine all ingredients in a bowl then season with salt & pepper
– Store salsa, covered, in the fridge for 4 hours or until ready to serve