Did you know we have our own Market recipe book? Our recipe book shares the stories and recipes of the people and produce who have made our Market what it is today. The book is available from the Market each week from the Rotary Help Desk.
Because we’re right into goat’s cheese this month, how about this recipe for Raw apple and beetroot salad with goat’s cheese. Grab some goat’s cheese from Tolpuddle Goats Cheese and you’re set.
- 1 beetroot
- 1 cos lettuce heart
- 1 green apple
- ½ cup walnuts
- goat’s cheese
- Juice of half an orange
- ½ cup verjuice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the beetroot into a bowl and add the walnuts.
- Chop up cos lettuce and grate the apple.
- Mix the dressing in a small bowl and add on top of salad.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese on top and lightly toss.
- Top with a little more goat’s cheese to serve.