Chicken Brest with Fresh Black Truffles
Ivonne Nathan of forchefs
- 2 Hillside Pastured Farm Chicken Breasts
- 1 rasher Free Range Bacon cut into lardons
- 50g Black Truffle
- 100g French shallots quartered lengthways
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 250g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 50 ml verjus
- 150 ml brown Chicken Stock
- 100 ml Cream
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- A knob of butter
- Salt & pepper
- Oil for cooking
- Heat a fry pan, add oil
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper and add to pan. Fry until golden then turn & do the same on the other side
- Meanwhile heat a heavy based saucepan, add 1tbsp oil and fry lardons until crisp then add shallots & garlic and fry until coloured. Add chicken to the saucepan.
- Use the fry pan that the chicken was cooked in- add butter & fry mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add verjus & reduce slightly, add stock & cream.
- Pour sauce over the chicken breasts & simmer gently for 10-15 min
- Add tarragon just before serving, Adjust seasoning.
- Shave truffle over.
P: 02 6241 2969 F: 02 6241 2631 E:firstname.lastname@example.org www.forchefs.com.au
23 Garratt St Wanniassa, ACT 2903 PO BOX 3007 Wanniassa, ACT 2903 ABN: 55 067 362 485