Bruschetta with Fresh Black Truffles
Recipe by Ivonne Nathan of forchefs
- 4 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 15g Black Truffle
- 50g Butter
- 1 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- 50g Parmesan
- Clean the truffle. Grate the truffle with microplane.
- Cook gently in the butter.
- Spoon butter over bread slices, spread with crème fraiche & sprinkle with parmesan
- Put into hot oven for a few minutes
P: 02 6241 2969 F: 02 6241 2631 E:firstname.lastname@example.org www.forchefs.com.au
23 Garratt St Wanniassa, ACT 2903 PO BOX 3007 Wanniassa, ACT 2903 ABN: 55 067 362 485
Recipe by Joel Jones from the Treehouse Bar in Canberra
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 small bunch basil
- 100 ml Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Bread stick
– ¼ the tomato and remove the seeds
– finely dice the onion
– finely slice the basil
– add a little oil and salt and pepper to taste
– Slice bread to desired size rub with garlic
– and place in the oven for about 20 mins on low
– Heat or until dried. Place a small amount of tomato mix on the toast and top with the ice cream
Recipe by Michaela Uren of Forchefs
- 4 Slices Sour Dough Bread
- 100 g Black Truffle
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Anchovy fillet
– Clean the truffle. Grate the truffle with microplane.
– Place a peeled garlic clove and one anchovy fillet in a mortar and crush with a pestle (if no mortar is handy simply use a plate and crush with the back of a spoon) while gradually adding extra virgin olive oil.
– Add the grated truffle and continue to crush and mash together. Add a little salt. Continue to pour in the remaining extra virgin olive oil. The compound should be dense but fluid, so that if a spoonful is placed on a plate it spreads but does not slides away.
– Toast the bread. Quickly spread the black truffle sauce on each one of the stillhot toasted bread slices. Serve immediately. Enjoy!