Recipe by Keaton McDonell of Pulp Kitchen
- 1 leek – cut into 2cm pieces
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 12g white peppercorns
- 1 bunch lemon thyme
- 200ml grape seed oil
– Lightly oil and season the leeks
– Place in 250oC oven and roast until blackened
– Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag and place in a water bath at 52oC for 1 hour to infuse
– Chill and place in a blender and blend until smooth
– Pass through a sieve and store in a container for later use
Recipe by Clement Chauvin of Waters Edge Restaurant
- 500 gr red snapper fillet
- 2 leeks 50g butter
- 500 ml white wine
- 1 eshallot
- Bay leaf
- Spices (coriander, white pepper corn ,star anis & fennel seeds )
- 500 ml fish stock
- 500 ml cream
- 25 g fresh truffle
– Thinly slice the leeks, and quickly sweat down in butter until soft but still green.
– Clean and portion the fish.
– On oven proof paper, place the leeks and the seasoned fish, with the truffle sauce on top and close the paper to secure.
– Bake for 6 min @ 180°C
– In a sauce pan, place white wine, sliced eshallots, thyme, bay leaf and spices.
– Reduce until almost dry.
– Add the fish stock and reduce again until almost dry.
– Add cream and bring to simmer.
– Strain and then add the chop truffles and let infuse.