Recipe by Joel Jones from the Treehouse Bar in Canberra
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 small bunch basil
- 100 ml Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Bread stick
– ¼ the tomato and remove the seeds
– finely dice the onion
– finely slice the basil
– add a little oil and salt and pepper to taste
– Slice bread to desired size rub with garlic
– and place in the oven for about 20 mins on low
– Heat or until dried. Place a small amount of tomato mix on the toast and top with the ice cream
Recipe by David Keeley and Rose Mogford of Pistachio Dining at Torrens
- 4 Market fish fillets
- 1 punnet cherry tomato
- 1 punnet Roma cherry tomato
- 1 Spanish onion
- 10 basil leaves
- 100ml local verjuice
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g assorted greens (baby spinach, cabbage, kale)
– Slice tomatoes in half.
– Peel and slice onion.
– Add tomato and onion to a pan with verjuice and reduce.
– Add butter and basil to reduced tomato and verjuice, keep warm.
– Clean and sauté greens in a little butter.
– Cook fish skin side down until golden.
– Serve with wilted greens and tomato and verjuice sauce over the top.