Recipe by Michaela Uren of For Chefs
- 8 ripe figs
- Knob of butter
- 4 tbs clear honey
- Handful of shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mascarpone or Greek Yoghurt, to serve
– Heat grill to medium high.
– Cut a deep cross in the top of each fig then ease the top apart.
– Sit the figs in a baking dish and drop a small piece of the butter into the centre of
– Drizzle the honey over the figs, then sprinkle with the nuts and cinnamon.
– Grill for 5 minutes until figs are softened and the honey and butter make a sticky
sauce in the bottom of the dish.
– Serve warm, with dollops of Greek yoghurt or Mascarpone.
It’s always nice to welcome back an old friend – and in the case of Country Valley, we know it’s not just us behind the scenes at the Market who are happy to see them return. Country Valley milk sure does have a loyal following – and the amount of emails and letters we received when they departed the Market was testament to just how much our customers love their products. As a result of some operational changes, Country Valley now fully complies with our Market rules and we are very pleased to have them back. They will return to the Market by the beginning of August with their range of milk, yoghurt and cream in several varieties made from their dairy in Picton, an hour south west of Sydney.
The milk is all 100% permeate free and you can buy fresh from the Country Valley stall every Saturday morning. Welcome back Country Valley!