1 sheet butter puff pastry, cut into 4 squares
4 firm apples – peeled, cored, and thin slices
1 lemon, freshly squeezed juice
100gm brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg, well beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Lay puff pastry onto a baking sheet.
3. Mix apples and lemon juice together in a bowl until evenly coated; add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Toss to evenly coat apples.
4. Lay apple slices down the center of the puff pastry and fold edges of pastry toward the center.
5. Brush the folded pastry edges with about 1/2 the egg.
6. Refrigerate Tarts for 10 minutes.
7. Brush pastry with remaining 1/2 egg.
8. Place sheet on the top rack of preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce heat to 175 degrees C.
10. Continue baking until pastry is lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
11. Cool slightly before serving.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.