Recipe by Michael Rees of Ellacure Restaurant
- 1 Apple
- ¼ Brown Onion
- ¼ bunch Mint
- ¼ bunch Corriander
- ¼ bunch Chervil
- 1-2tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and sugar to taste
– Finely dice apple and onion, place in a bowl.
– Finely chop herbs and place in with apple.
– Add in vinegar 1tsp at a time and pinch of sugar and salt to taste. Mix up and adjust season as needed
Recipe by Michaela Uren of Forchefs
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and deseeded then quartered
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Zest from one lemon
– Heat oil in a deep pan.
– In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar and ginger. Toss the apples into the flour until coated.
– Gently drop the apples in the oil and cook until golden. Drain on kitchen towel. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and lemon zest.
– Optional is a dollop yoghurt.