– To make the marinade, heat oil in a saucepan and cook diced onion until soft and translucent. Then add the diced garlic and chili, Cajun spice, paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant, making sure you don’t burn anything and then de glaze your pan with the bourbon. Now you can add the vinegar, barbecue sauce, molasses, oregano, liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce heat gently and reduce until thickened.
– Chill in cool room, when cool blitz in thermo until entirely combined. Store in cool room until needed.
– De bone your chickens into sauté cuts, keeping the skin on and taking as many bones out as possible. Put into bags and vac with enough marinade to completely surround the chicken.
– Cook at 67 degrees for one and half hours then ice bath immediately after.
– To make the coleslaw, shred both cabbages with a mandolin and julienne the carrot, celery and Spanish onion, put into a bowl.
– Make your dressing by combining all ingredients in thermo and blitzing until fully combined and emulsified, making sure its not too thick. Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour dressing over coleslaw mixture and mix to evenly coat all ingredients, add finely sliced shallots taste again for seasoning, then store in cool room. Make a few hours before needed, minimum of two hours.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.