– Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add the diced lamb and brown. Once browned, remove and set aside. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and peas and cook, stirring for 5 minutes
– Add tomato paste, red wine sauce, mustard and rosemary. Stir until combined. Add the lamb and stock – cook and stir accordingly
– Meanwhile, cook potato in saucepan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Reduce ream with the butter
– Use a potato masher or fork to mash the potato until smooth. Add the cream and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper
– Once the lamb has broken down, adjust the season to taste
– Preheat the oven to 200oC. Spoon the lamb mixture into a 2L (8 cup) capacity ovenproof baking dish. Top with mashed potato and use a fork to spread over lamb mixture. Brush with butter. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the potato is golden brown. Serve immediately
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.