– In a pot cook all spices in the oil, making sure to constantly stir. Set aside
– Blend the lamb fillets till smooth, add bread crumbs, egg and chopped coriander. Season with Moroccan spice mix, salt and pepper. Roll into little balls and allow to chill
– For the sauce, finely slice the Spanish onion and cook until light in colour. Add the chopped dates and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes. Add the stock and spice mix
– Cook the sauce until the dates become soft remove half and blend. Fold back through. Add chopped coriander. If the sauce needs thickening, add corn flour and water
– Heat oil in a pan, add the meatballs, colour. Once they are almost cooked, place them in the sauce and continue cooking in the oven. Remove and serve
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.