– Wash and slice eggplant into even slices – not too thick. Cover with salt and leave for a few hours in a colander to drain away all the bitter juices. Do not wash salt off.
– Prepare bread crumbs by adding finely chopped garlic. Mix through evenly.
– Coat eggplant slices in flour then dip into beaten egg mixture then into crumb mix. Press firmly. Continue until all slices are crumbed.
– Heat the oil in a frypan. Cook on medium heat for approximatelyy 4–5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
– Combine all salsa chopped ingredients. Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
– Serve with crumbed eggplant.