As asparagus season is fast approaching, this month we bring you a delightful spring recipe – grilled chicken, asparagus, blueberry & ricotta salad (pg. 36 of the recipe book) The recipe was provided by stallholder Donald Smith who grows both asparagus and blueberries near Cooma, and sourced from www.australianblueberries.com.au.
– Slice the chicken into thin strips. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
– Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and cook strips for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
– Cut the asparagus in half and cook in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds, or until just tender. Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water to refresh. Drain.
– To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, maple syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
– Combine the chicken, asparagus, rocket, blueberries, ricotta and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve.