News

Death Cap Mushrooms

Warning…….Death Cap Mushrooms have been found in several locations in the ACT due to the recent wet and warm weather. In Canberra they grow mainly near established Oak trees in late summer/autumn. People should not pick or eat wild mushrooms; all parts of the Death Cap Mushroom are poisonous and eating just one can be fatal, and cooking does not make it safe to eat. If you think you may have eaten one, seek medical assistance straight away. Information about the Death Cap Mushrooms is available on the ACT Health website.

Death Cap-1  Death Cap-2

 

Subscribe to Important NotificationsKeep up to date with market closures, special events and changes to access

Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.

Christmas at the Market. 24th December 7am – 11am

Read More