Smoked Salmon Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry,
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 80 ml creme fraiche
- 200 g smoked salmon, torn
Dill and Parsley Pesto:
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 15 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pastry on tray, score a 2cm border and brush all over with egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for the pesto, whiz garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Add herbs and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cheese and oil, then pulse until combined. Season and set aside.
- Combine lemon slices with onion and capers. Add oil and juice of the remaining half lemon. Season and toss to combine.
Lightly press down on the pastry inside the border, then top with creme fraiche, salmon and onion mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Serve with pesto and dill.
Culinary Skills Teacher
Trade Skills and Vocational Learning
Canberra Institute of Technology
For further information on courses in culinary
visit cit.edu.au phone (02) 6207 3188 or