Brrr…it’s still cold outside. Perfect weather to head inside for some delicious Corned Beef. This months’ recipe is just that, and it comes from Claire and Sam Johnson from Boxgum Grazing.
– Pour the beer into a large saucepan on heat and then dissolve in the golden syrup.
– Add the cloves and bay leaves.
– Place the meat into the liquid and then cover with water. Bring to the boil.
– Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2–3 hours on low heat.
– Serve hot or if the meat is to be used cold then leave the meat in the liquid overnight.
Tip: When carving the meat slice against the grain.