Brrr…it’s still cold outside. Perfect weather to head inside for some delicious Corned Beef. This months’ recipe is just that, and it comes from Claire and Sam Johnson from Boxgum Grazing.
– Pour the beer into a large saucepan on heat and then dissolve in the golden syrup.
– Add the cloves and bay leaves.
– Place the meat into the liquid and then cover with water. Bring to the boil.
– Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2–3 hours on low heat.
– Serve hot or if the meat is to be used cold then leave the meat in the liquid overnight.
Tip: When carving the meat slice against the grain.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.