- 1 x 600gm Whole white fish
- 1 Piece root Ginger (25grams Approx)
- 2 Whole Bullet Chillies
- 10gm Lemongrass
- 5 Kafir Lime leaves
- 2 Small Limes
- 50ml White wine
- 50ml Light Soy sauce
- Baby Spinach and broccolini
- Sea Salt
- Aluminium foil
- Silicone paper (Glad Bake)
- Scale and gut the Bream removing gills and cut through buoyancy sack to remove blood around backbone if any.
- Cut three to four marks through the flesh along the fish to help the flavour penetrate and to speed up the cooking process.
- Wash and Slice kaffir lime leaves, de-seed chillies and slice into small dice, then slice lemongrass into small rounds.
- Slice ginger into matchstick style pieces and mix all together with Lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and chilli.
- Use half of the mix to stuff the bream and slice some wedges of the lime to fill the cavity. Season with a little sea salt.
- Place a sheet of foil on the bench then place a piece of silicone paper on top of the foil.(Glad Bake) Top the fish with the rest of the mix.
- Top with half moon slices of lime and layer them over the top of the fish. Zest the other lime and sprinkle on top of the fish and add some sea salt.
- Wrap the fish and leave one end open to add the white wine then pace in a baking dish.
- Cooking the Bream:
- Pre heat an oven to 220°C. Place baking dish with fish in oven for 25- 30 minutes. Open one end being careful about the steam. Check the fish and if cooked place it on a plate.
Christmas at the Market. 24th December 7am – 11amRead More