3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith), cored and chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Fresh berries
- Combine the rice, almond milk, cinnamon stick, cloves, and dates in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 12 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Add the apple, raisins, and salt and mix.
- Serve garnished with the toasted almonds.
Christmas at the Market. 24th December 7am – 11amRead More