– Place ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a bowl and mix to combine.
– Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.
– In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
– Fold egg whites through batter in two batches with a large metal spoon.
– Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of butter and drop 2 tbs of batter per hotcake into the pan.
– Cook over low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides. Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and quickly assemble the other ingredients.
– Slice banana lengthways onto a plate, stack three hotcakes on top with a slice of honeycomb butter.
– Dust with icing sugar.
– Soften unsalted butter and stir through 2 tbs honey and crushed honeycomb. Shape into a log on plastic wrap, roll, seal and chill in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
*You can store any leftover honeycomb butter in the freezer.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.