This month we share our recipe for carrot and pineapple cake (pg. 134 of the recipe book) – a delicious recipe shared by Robyn Rowe Chocolates.
– To make the cake, mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
– Add 2 eggs and the 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix very well.
– Stir in the grated carrot, crushed pineapple and ¼ cup of chopped walnuts.
– Grease a cake tin very well or line with baking paper. I use a small ring form tin and line the ring as well as the outside and base of the tin. Use a little butter or oil to help keep the paper in place.
– Bake in a moderate oven (175°C) for 35-40 minutes. Cool.
– To make cream cheese frosting, place butter, cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar in a bowl and beat very well. To cover the top and sides of the cake you may need to double this quantity. If too thick, add a small amount of milk to give a smooth consistency.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.