This month we share our recipe for Orange and Fennel Salad (pg. 33 of the recipe book) – a delicious recipe shared by our former Market Manager, Cynthia Small.
– Wash fennel bulbs and trim off any outer bruised spots. Take off outer layers if they are too bruised.
– Wash and reserve green leafy fronds. Cut off stalks so that only the bulb is left. Remove the core of the bulb if it seems too tough, by slicing into quarters and removing the core carefully with a paring knife.
– Thinly slice the fennel, using a sharp knife or mandolin. Place slices into a bowl.
– Roughly chop the fennel fronds and add them to the bowl.
– Peel and thinly slice the oranges and place into bowl with the fennel slices and fronds.
– Dress salad with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to your liking.
– Enjoy on its own or it’s delicious served with fish.