This month Soups On! We share our recipe for Pumpkin Soup (pg. 32 of the Recipe Book) – it’s another fabulous winter warmer by John Dicerbo. The Dicerbo family has made an important contribution to the Market over many years.
– Put pumpkin, sweet potato, apple and leek into a large saucepan. Cover with water (2 cm above pumpkin). Add stock cubes and curry powder.
– Bring to the boil then simmer until pumpkin and potato are soft (about 20 minutes).
– Blend until smooth. A little water can be added if the soup is too thick.
– Lastly, add peanut butter and quickly blend.
– Serve with crusty toast, sour cream and chopped chives.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.