This month Soups On! We share our recipe for Pumpkin Soup (pg. 32 of the Recipe Book) – it’s another fabulous winter warmer by John Dicerbo. The Dicerbo family has made an important contribution to the Market over many years.
– Put pumpkin, sweet potato, apple and leek into a large saucepan. Cover with water (2 cm above pumpkin). Add stock cubes and curry powder.
– Bring to the boil then simmer until pumpkin and potato are soft (about 20 minutes).
– Blend until smooth. A little water can be added if the soup is too thick.
– Lastly, add peanut butter and quickly blend.
– Serve with crusty toast, sour cream and chopped chives.